Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Tuesday 18 April 2017

Madeit Seller Feature - Kate from 'My Pretty Ivy'


www.madeit.com.au

What girl doesn't like adding a bold, beautiful necklace to their outfit? Kate from the Madeit store 'My Pretty Ivy' sure likes to create beautiful necklaces that are washable - perfect for Mums that have bubs that love to put items in their mouths.

I had the opportunity to ask Kate about her creations and her store and is my feature Madeit seller for this month. So sit back, grab a cup of tea and enjoy reading about 'My Pretty Ivy' ...


**Note: If you like an item, click on the photo and it will take you to the My Pretty Ivy shop and will give you more detail about the items**

Tell us a bit about 'My Pretty Ivy'...

Hi my name is Kate and I'm a first time mum to my very pretty Ivy (I am no doubt like all mothers biased!). Like most women I love pretty little things and realise that having a baby and wearing jewellery don't often go hand in hand!
After struggling to find well priced and good quality jewellery made from silicone I decided to create some. Initially I began creating necklaces for friends who have also recently had babies! A couple of friends who received these necklaces as gifts made the suggestion of me creating an online store and given I am on leave from my role as a registered nurse I had the opportunity to explore my creative side! so My pretty Ivy was created! These pretty and affordable necklaces are made from 100% non-toxic food grade silicone beads that are free from BPA, lead and any other nasties!
Each necklace is unique and one of a kind (I wear plain coloured clothes and like to add colour through accessories...I know I am not the only woman who does this!)
I love that these necklaces can be washed with warm soapy water (as little fingers are cute but usually grubby!) and come with a safety clasp(little hands are strong!)
They are great for wearing when feeding to keep little fingers distracted!

https://madeit.com.au/Main/Item?itemId=1188608

What do you like most about being a handmade designer/creator?

I love designing necklaces with customers as it allows both of us to create a piece they will love and wear! I know that there are times when you feel like you lose your sense of self as a new mum. Making these necklaces and exploring my creative side allows me to feel connected to me. It is very therapeutic working with different shaped and coloured beads! 
I feel that there is something special about handmade items in this day of seasonal and mass produced items....you can feel the love and energy in them!

https://madeit.com.au/Main/Item?itemId=1190567


What is your favourite item (that you have created)?

It would be unfair to label one of my necklaces a favourite! I like them all especially when I receive a thankyou note from a happy recipient!

https://madeit.com.au/Main/Item?itemId=1188607

What is next? Do you have any new ideas/products/designs planned?

At this stage My pretty Ivy is still very new....so who knows where it will travel!

Thank you very much Kate for sharing your ideas! I, too, echo the love of handmade items - the joy and relaxing in creating them and also the care that these items exude in a mass produced world.

If you would like to visit My Pretty Ivy, please click here. Why not drop Kate a message and leave some feedback about her creations (email address is located on the My Pretty Ivy store page)!

To see other Madeit stores, please click here.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Jen.

P.S - If you have enjoyed reading about the story behind Tupsy Turvy Designs' products, why not become a 'Golden Ticket Member'? It is FREE and membership entitles you to regular updates, exclusive sales, discounts and opportunities. Simply click here and enter your email address. Easy! I look forward to sharing more ideas with you soon ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!