Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Friday 26 April 2013

Friday Thoughts - Craft Abroad

It has been a while since I have posted on here...

...what with a busy end of school term and a trip overseas, it has been a little challenging to find some time to sit down, relax and blog. However, I am back and can't wait to get back into the blogging routine.

It has been great to experience another culture and way of life for a short time, which also instills an appreciation of some of the things that I take for granted. We stayed with a family that was so welcoming and hospitable, indeed we were very spoilt. Upon leaving, we were given some gifts. I thought that I would share some of these crafty items...

This is a cloth bag that has been embellished with beading - on the corners and on a strip around the bag. The shoulder strap is also beaded.

Here are a couple of beaded ornaments comprising of a beaded 'net' over the ball and strands of beads hanging from the ball.

I brought along my crochet to work on the plane and whilst away. One local, young lady was very intrigued when I was working on it one day. She stood there for a while and watched while I crocheted away. I suppose knitted fabric and wool aren't common place in this country.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!