Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Introducing Fellow Madeit Seller - Ari - from 'Honeysuckle and Lime'


This month I introduce to you Ari - from 'Honeysuckle and Lime'
Ari creates beautiful homecrafts including beanbag covers, cushions and bags. They are totally gorgeous! She is one of many talented crafters on 'Madeit'.
Here, Ari shares about her craft and her work on Madeit.
Enjoy!
 
 
Tell us a bit about 'Honeysuckle and Lime'
Honeysuckle and Lime is my "slow food". It is my attempt to make something wholesome, durable, beautiful and personal that will stand the test of time. My background in bedlinen design and product development (pre children) gave me many opportunities to travel and see amazing mills in China and India and work with some incredibly skilled people but the one element that I really had trouble with as the huge amounts of waste involved in bulk production. I really wanted to try to cut down on the waste and make individual special items uniquely for someone which could be valued and treasured. In order to do this I bought myself a beginners screen printing kit and from the very first screen I was hooked! I love the way the different ink colours all have a slightly different consistency, smell and characteristics. It might be a little crazy but I think of them all a little like people.... I have the high maintenance ones and the easy going ones and the super cool dudes.
 
 
What do you like most about being a handmade designer/creator?
I love the flexibility and the fact that I can make to order and customise designs to customers tastes. There is something so special and rewarding about making something especially for someone! I also think it is great for my kids to see that you can make your own clothes, bags, toys etc, My daughter is my biggest fan :)
 
 
Why do you choose to create with fabric?
My mother taught me to sew from an early age and I have such great memories of all her wonderful fabrics. I have a degree in Archeology but it did not take me long after leaving uni to realise that that was not my calling. Hence I ended up in textiles working with bedlinen brands for almost 20 years. Textiles are my happy place!
 

 
What is next? Do you have any new products/designs/ideas planned?
Over the past few years I have used the proceeds of my sales to buy new machinery and this year I have added a lovely new embroidery machine and a heat press which is making life much easier and opening up creative opportunities to combine the screen printing and embroidery on a bigger scale. My latest product addition has been a range of bean bags which my kids are crazy about and I have a new Christmas range which is almost ready. I always have a million ideas but I have to keep things in check because my kids are still little and time with them is really precious so I need to do my best to find a balance.
 
 
Thank you Ari for sharing about your beautiful designs!
To visit Honeysuckle and Lime's Madeit store, please click here
You can also view Honeysuckle and Lime's creations on Facebook, here.

Thanks again,

~ Jen.

P.S - If you have enjoyed reading about other handcrafters and want to know more about Tupsy Turvy Designs, why not become a 'Golden Ticket Member'? It is FREE and membership entitles you to regular updates, exclusive sales, discounts and opportunities. Simply click here and enter your email address. Easy! I look forward to sharing more ideas with you soon ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!