Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Tuesday 28 April 2015

My new colour combination - Lemon and Blue

(source: http://design-seeds.com/home/entry/lemony-hues)

After spending a glorious time creating items using a red and grey colour combination, I felt it was time to move to another. Looking through pictures of the items that I have created, I realised that I didn't have a lot of yellow based items, hence I have a bit of a hankering for 'yellow'.I spotted this colour combination - lemon yellow and blue/grey hues... warmth and coolness colliding. 

I must admit, I have already started creating a tiny canvas using these colours...

Now to add my feature motif...
 What do these colours remind you of?
I have started a list of items that I link with particular colours. As my feature colour is yellow (with a cool colour background), my ideas for a motif include:
  • a duck (for a child's canvas)
  • flower
  • beach items
  • butterfly
  • bird
 Now to make a decision...
 I am also looking forward to creating larger canvases and jewellery items with this colour combination.

~Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!