Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 18 March 2012

Weekend Wonders - Country, cakes and craft

What a lovely weekend...

We visited a Field Day event in our area over the weekend. I am always fascinated how this little, country town, puts on this huge event and I must say, they do it very well. I love attending the Field Days as it is my little dose of country. I love looking at the farm machinery and watch the sheep dog trials. Then, there are heaps of stalls to look at varying from plants, crafts, stain removers to tools. Something for everyone.

It was also St Patrick's Day on Saturday and our Bible study group celebrated it by having an Irish inspired night, complete with green food, baked potatoes and Baileys and Guinness flavoured cupcakes. A very busy, but enjoyable Saturday.

Today, though, has been much slower in pace. I was very determined to finish 'Nicky' (the doll that I have been working on) this weekend and I managed to achieve that goal this afternoon. I have thoroughly enjoyed making her and I can't wait to make more. I think this is so because, for me, doll making involves a number of crafts in one. Firstly, designing and making the 'body' of the doll. Secondly designing and making a little dress to fit the doll and finally adding all the 'prettiness' - the embellishments (in my case ric-rac and a crocheted flower). I will post photos of finished 'Nicky' tomorrow, for 'Monday in the making'.

I hope that you had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!