Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Wonderful Wednesday - On the beach

Well...the weather here has been scorching to say the least. We have had an unusual bout of prolonged, very hot weather. A couple of days of scorching weather is ok and can be dealt with, however, it does get a little harder when we are given a week or so. I was going to take the children that I work with to the beach, however, the weather on the planned day was so extreme that it would have been dangerous to our health, even if we went in the morning. Needless to say, I had a bunch of disappointed littlies, however, we had our own fun morning at our 'pretend beach' (complete with icypoles). Hence my inspiration for the week is... the beach!

Pink crochet string bag by 'Mini-Me Handcrafts

String bags are perfect to house towel, bathers and sunscreen to take to the beach. I love the crochet pattern and I love the hot pink colour.

Sea shell print by 'Two Cheeky Monkeys'

I love the mix of shell print and dictionary print. This picture has a botanical feel about it. This would look lovely on the wall of a beach shack or on the wall of a study.

You are my sunshine blocks by 'Retro Ragamuffins'

What is the beach without some sunshine? I love the quote (as it reminds me of the song) and I love the artistic presentation, by using blocks. These blocks would look great in a child's bedroom, with a lovely reminder of how special they are.

I hope that this provides you with some inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, thanks for featuring my crochet bag! I love this colour pink too, although I am not so much a beach fan... I would definitely take this bag to the markets and fill it up with handmade goodies :)
    - Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! This bag would be very useful. I simply love crochet items. Thanks for your lovely comment :) Jen.

      Delete

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!