Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Friday 13 April 2012

Friday thoughts - Lured by smocking

Today, I thought I would show a photo of something inspirational...

Mr T and I went to the library during the week and loved perusing the craft books. We are blessed to have so many craft books and magazines on just about every craft in our library, which are a wonderful source of inspiration. Lately I have been intrigued by 'smocking'. I found a couple of books on smocking and am tempted to give it a little try. I particularly like the smocking that uses the patterns and checks on fabric and am thinking that using these types of fabrics may make my beginning attempts easier (?).

However, traditional smocking also looks completely stunning...


This gown is made by Sabina at 'Heavenly Designs Christening Gowns'. I do like the fullness and gathering of the gown. I like the sweet embroidered pink rose buds and the classic white stitching of the smocking. A beautiful heirloom piece for a baptism.

Enjoy your crafting over the weekend. I'm busy preparing for a market so I am crafting away already.
Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!