Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Friday 24 February 2012

Friday thoughts - In an octopus' garden

On Monday I visited the beach. There is nothing like the smell of the salty air, however, when I was there it was very breezy! There were lots of things washed up on the beach: shells, various types of seaweed, sea urchins, cuttlefish (the white inside bit)...there is always something interested to find.

As part of my work I have been busy drawing and researching sea creatures. It has been interesting to find out their size and put it into perspective. One of the smallest whales that I researched was six metres long. When I actually measured out six metres and looked at it, I was amazed at how big that is, and that was only one of the smallest whales let alone a Blue Whale! The children that I work with were also amazed at the size of these creatures and can't wait to have pictures of these creatures displayed.

People use this 'theme' element in decorating rooms, especially a child's bedroom or a bathroom. Blue is usually the colour of choice with sea elements created by quilts, curtains and cushions featuring sea creatures. Mobiles and wall decorations can also depict shells, sea creatures or nautical elements. I thought this would be the ultimate sea themed bedroom...
This bedroom was displayed on www.cool-kids-rooms.com and designed by Diane Snider.

Even the bed is part of the theme as it is in the shape of a boat. I also like the 'jetty pegs' that are near the boat, next to the steps to help little one to board their boat bed, ready to drift off to sleep.

Do you use a theme element in decorating?

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!