Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 19 February 2012

Weekend Wonders - Taming the tiger

I must admit I was a little nervous...

I hadn't 'unleashed' my sewing machine in a little while. As you can tell by reading the description of my products, they are hand sewn. However, my latest project called on me to set up my sewing machine and give it a whirl.

It's not fancy and can't do fancy things, but it sews. After spending a little time with it, I was quite pleased with the work that we produced. I will show the final product in my blog post tomorrow (if you visit my facebook page, you will get a sneak peak). I look forward to unleashing this 'tiger' a little more to sew up the final stage of my cushions, as I plan to make more.

I had a quite a busy weekend as Mr T was away and I had to keep the household running. It did mean that I spent a little more time than usual on my craft last night as I really wanted my cushion finished. Today was spent at church in the morning and lunch with friends in the afternoon. I do have some work to do tonight but hopefully I can get another project started as well, if I can squeeze in some time.

I hope that you had a lovely weekend!

Oohh... just had to add...
I enjoyed reading a blog post from 'Red Elephant Creative' about sewing machines. You may want to check this out as well (below is the link)...

red elephant creative social paperware for special affairs: The day vintage saved my life....: Lately I have been dreaming up a blog post called...'a slave to vintage'...every time I try to jam shut my old antique wardrobe, every time ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!