Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Friday 3 February 2012

Friday thoughts - a source of inspiration

I love visiting our library...

I love borrowing out novels and magazines fortnightly to replenish my reading material. I prefer to read than watch TV, although I am finding it hard to find time to sit down and read a good book.That's where magazines are great. They don't take a lot of time to read from cover to cover.

On my last visit to the library, I borrowed out an edition of 'Australian Better Homes and Gardens'. I am not one for house renovating, however, something lept of the page at me. I was quite taken by this colour combination...

(Source: Australian Better Homes and Gardens magazine, May 2011,Pacific magazines, Australia, p.21)

I love the brightness of the green, reminding me of a fresh, green lime, which is teamed with bright orange - rather a citrus flavoured colour combination! I thought I would store this colour combination away to assist in future product designs.

I know that some crafters have an 'inspiration board' - a place where eye catching and inspiring snippets are pinned so that they can be used to inspire future designs. It maybe worth a try...(at least I would have one item pinned to it!)

What inspires you in your craft?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!