Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Thursday 15 November 2012

Thursday Inspiration - Japan

Wednesday slipped by SO quickly, hence this post occurring on Thursday. Sorry if you were waiting for it ...

At work, the children and I have been learning about 'Japan'. This is a new unit for me and I have been finding it fascinating and I am learning just as much as the children. We have been learning about Japanese festivals, culture, life and food. Being an artistic person, I have enjoyed helping the children make different Japanese inspired crafts (you will see another one on the blog tomorrow). Therefore, my inspiration for this week is 'Japan'...

Japanese Design earrings by 'Mikano World'

'Mikano World' have a lovely range of Japanese inspired items, including this pair of earrings. These earrings use Japanese Kimono fabric and the red and white enhances the Japanese feel.

Japanese Kimono Cushion by 'The Niki Tree'

What a stunning cushion! I love the gorgeous pattern of the fabric - a composition of fans. I also love the tonal blue base with highlights of bright colour. A stunning addition to a bedroom or lounge room!

Origami Dress card by 'Chie No Wa'

These origami cards are so clever! Origami is the Japanese art of paper folding and these cards have origami embellishments. I particularly like this cute little dress - a lovely card for a little girl. I love the addition of the 'buttons' and bow.

Cherry blossom brooch by 'Under the shade of a bonsai tree'

The detail in this brooch is amazing! Cherry blossoms signify the beginning of Spring in Japanese culture and this brooch captures this important event. I love the detail in the cherry blossoms and their colour on a raw, wood background. A unique gift.

I hope that this provides you with some inspiration :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!