Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Wonderful Wednesday - The Bad Tempered Ladybird

I am not a huge fan of bugs, particularly caterpillars. One of the prettiest of bugs, in my opinion, is the ladybird. They are also useful in the garden as they eat smaller insects that cause destruction, like aphids.

I have been enjoying reading Eric Carle books and the latest one that I have read at work is 'The Bad Tempered Ladybird'. It was useful to look at both the negative aspects in the story (eg. not sharing, wanting to fight) and the positive aspects (eg. the Bad Tempered Ladybird being nice at the end, the patience of the friendly ladybird). The children made up cute ladybirds using two paper plates and I took a photo of them looking grumpy. I cut out their photos and stuck them on their ladybirds as the 'face'. Their expressions were very funny! Therefore this week my inspiration is ... ladybirds!

Ladybird hand puppet by 'Sandpit Kids'

What a gorgeous ladybird! I can see this happily used as part of imaginative play (maybe from inspiration by the book 'The Bad Tempered Ladybird').

Ladybird hair clips by 'Plushka'

Plushka makes the most gorgeous items out of felt. I love her careful stitching and I love how the black 'circles' on these ladybirds are so neat. Perfection!

Ladybird silver pendant by 'Purplefish Designs'

I thought that I would also choose this item as it is not the traditional 'red and black' ladybird. I love the simple shape of this ladybird pendants and dots. All cleverly handcrafted. Simple, silver and stunning!

Thanks for viewing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!