Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Wonderful Wednesday - The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Since the beginning of the term, I have been delving into 'Eric Carle' books. One of his most famous books is 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. It has been around for over 40 years and is well loved by millions of children. Do you know that Eric originally made his main character a worm, but upon re-editing he changed the character into a caterpillar that turns into a butterfly? I must admit, I have always loved this book - the story line and the bright, colourful pictures. To be truly honest, in real life, I absolutely detest caterpillars, they are one of the creatures I fear and cannot stand to be near. Urgh...lucky 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' is such a cutie...hence it is my inspiration for the week!

Caterpillar bookmark by 'The Happy Red Dog'

What a unique bookmark! I love the detail in the design with beautiful stitching. I also love the contrast of the blue denim and the red cord. A beautiful gift for anyone that loves reading books.

Caterpillar pinafore by 'Wendy's Homemade Crafts'

What a gorgeous dress for a gorgeous girl! I love how this dress is made out of sturdy denim (it is a material I love at the moment) and I love the bright, cheeky caterpillar on the front. Lovely!

Baby mobile by 'Lullaby Mobiles & Designs'

This mobile is simply amazing - check out the work that is put into this! I love the bright colours that reflect 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' story. I love the detail in each of the items. This would look stunning in a nursery.

I hope that this provides you with some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!