Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 5 August 2012

Weekend Wonders

It has been a cold and blustery weekend. Today, the rain has pelted down in gusts of winds. Far too cold to go outside.

Well, I was outside for quite a bit of time yesterday at an outdoor market. Although it didn't rain, the wind cut through and did make keeping items on a stall displayed difficult. The pockets of sunshine did provide a little warmth.

This market wasn't the most profitable one for me, sales wise, however, it was a lovely opportunity to catch up with my sister-in-law, her husband and daughter. I do have another market in a fortnight's time, that has been thoroughly organised and also provides support for their sellers, so I hope to do much better then. However, every market is different and despite feeling a little discouraged, I have regrouped and refocused and are now preparing for this upcoming market. I think it also highlights what is achievable for me. Three markets in such short succession is not the most ideal situation, so I will consider a different time frame next time round.

Craft wise, I have purchased a number of items to make more (and some new) products. I did buy some gorgeous hand dyed wool in a variegated pink and grey tone, which will look lovely knitted up as a scarf. I have created a new fabric flower design, incorporating the new 'singeing fabric technique' which is popular at the moment. I have a hankering to make headbands so I aim to make a few more tonight, using these flowers. I hope to share some photos of these tomorrow.

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!