Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Monday 8 October 2012

Monday in the making

I have been doing some experimenting lately and this is one of the results...

I have been working on upcycling t-shirts. The idea of upcycling t-shirts emerged from a book that I borrowed from the library and taking some of these ideas (and others) and playing around with them. It has also stemmed from the thought of heaps of unwanted clothing items thrown away each year, that could be re-styled and reused. Hence each item is unique and one-of-a-kind, as it depends on supply and what style each t-shirt lends itself to. This particular bolero has a tie up front with scrunched up and tied sleeves, perfect to wear over another t-shirt or long sleeve top. I hope to show many more designs.

I also made some cards over the weekend, this time with a more feminine flair as I used a picture of an apricot coloured rose. One of these cards will be destined to give to a dear family friend for her birthday. I hope to show a photo of these cards soon.

On the list:
  • more Tupsy Tee experimenting
  • a radical scarf design that I have been working on.
  • another teddy (as I loved making the last one)
Thanks for viewing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!