Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 16 October 2011

Weekend Wonders - Bringing people together

Over the weekend, Mr T and myself attended a church camp in a very beautiful part of country Victoria. Of course, I brought along some items for my busy fingers to do (I am making a few keyrings as gifts to give). While I had a few moments over the weekend to work, a few people came up and asked what I was making. I explained what I was doing and this often sparked thoughts and conversation about items that they were making. What was particularly interesting was talk about how craft assisted in bridging the generation gap. A grandmother shared about how she had pieces of fabric cut out and ready for her grand-daughters to help sew up. A mother shared how she made items of clothing for her children when they were little and spent time sharing how to sew with her children. I can personally think of times where my mother patiently taught me how to knit and my grandmother showing me how to crochet. Craft is very good for children as it assists with learning mathematical skills (counting, measuring, patterning, shape, etc) and assists in the development of fine motor skills. Plus, it provides valuable time spent with loved ones. Children's craft may look 'messy' at first, but it can provide practice for life long skills. It also keeps this 'big kid' entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!