Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 9 October 2011

Weekend Wonders - Me??Design??

There is nothing like a market. So much talent and creativity in the one area. As a crafter, you can't help but be inspired by the work of others. Your eyes are opened to new colour combinations, uses of fabric and the difference of items.

In saying that, I visited a market today and I couldn't help but feel a little cheated. I spyed a stall that had copies (and I mean, identical design) of goods of a favourite designer of mine. To be fair to the stall owner, I don't know the full story. She may have sought permission to use the designs for her own profit, but it does promote the thought of design.

I never thought that I could be a 'designer'. I am a very structured person - I mean I have even created a structure for this blog! When it came to crafts, I had to find a pattern and follow it to a tee. What inspired me to create was looking at a toy pattern, finding out the cost of it and thinking 'I could design something similar' (mind you, not identical). I gave it a go and added my own creative spin and have been pleased with the results and the positive feedback of others. It does take some refining and the development of some prototypes, but the feeling of accomplishment and 'I thought of this myself' is well worth it.

So designing...who me?? You might just suprise yourself.

Happy crafting (and designing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!