Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Wonderful Wednesday - Lemons

I love how different fruits and vegetables come into season. During Winter, I love cooking hot meals with potato, carrot and broccoli, but then after awhile I start to crave the warmer months with tomatoes, zucchinis and corn. 

At the moment, lots of trees are laden with lemons. Lemons prove to be a very useful fruit. Currently, I have no voice and I am gargling with salt water and dosing up on garlic, but I know that there are also healing benefits with honey and lemon. Lemons are too tart to eat by themselves but they are a wonderful ingredient in baking and cooking. Lemon meringue pies and cakes have a sweet, fresh taste. Delicious! Another bonus is that lemons are yellow. They shine bright yellow and provide a contrast against the green leaves of the tree. Therefore my inspiration for the week is ... lemons!

Sweet Lemon Soap by 'Soap From My Hearth'

I had to choose these soaps. I love the freshness and the sweet, lemon smell of these soaps. I have bought these soaps for a while now and I love how they are made from natural ingredients and make you smell great. Highly recommended!

Newborn Cotton Cardigan by 'Merrilyn Anne Knits and Gifts'

This is so sweet! I not only love the colour, but I love the detail around the neck and the bottom. Striking, although it is the one colour. Beautiful!

Lemon Slice Earrings by 'Poppy and Willow'

I love these earrings because they look like fresh, lemon slices. How very clever! They would make a unique gift for yourself or others.

I hope that this provides you with some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!