Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Friday 27 January 2012

Friday thoughts - Finding balance again

There are many things in life that I enjoy...

I like crafting and stitching (that one was a given!). I like working with children (that is my 'other life' - my full time job). I like watching (professional) sport and playing (non-professional) it. I enjoy a glass of wine and relaxing with friends. I love sunshine and gardening. I love my husband and my family. I love my God and desire to shine His love...

I'm at the beginning of another year  - the holidays are done and dusted and I am back at work. This is my dilemma. I have been so enthused by the freedom of holidays I now need to rein myself in and start to balance all of my 'loves and likes' in my life. Sadly, this also means my craft.

There were a few times in the past week that I have been trying to do everything - getting work done, listening/watching the tennis and getting some craft done. End result...late nights, early mornings and one tired individual. I know I can't sustain an extreme imbalance. Hence I have put some time limits in place and balanced out my time a little more benefitially. I am sure I am not the only one that struggles with balance.

In my 'balanced' craft time, I have been having fun with fabric by making fabric flowers.



I was going to turn this flower into a headband but thought it would make a lovely brooch. I have just finished making it and will put it into my MadeIt store soon!

Have a lovely weekend everyone and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!