Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 24 June 2012

Weekend Wonders - In preparation #2

Another weekend has flown by...

It was wonderful to attend the first birthday party of a special little girl. Her mum was extremely organised and creative! She had colour coordinated everything beautifully - decorations, glasses, plates - with pink and white. She made gorgeous pink and white tissue paper pom poms to decorate the party room. The party food was an array of home made cakes, sweets and savouries, complete with an exquisite cake. Craftiness at its best!

I, too, have been busy baking for an upcoming holiday. I tried combining 'goodies' and 'decadence' with some form of healthiness. Therefore I made some chocolate cupcakes that used ground nuts as the 'flour' and honey as the sweetener. Mr T and I tried some last night and were not very taken with them. Not to be beaten, today I made some chocolate brownies that had ground nuts as the 'flour', real dark chocolate and rapadura to add sweetness. Mr T and I had some after lunch and were a hit! Hence, I made another batch. I have a big container full to put in the freezer in readiness. If you are interested in the recipe, click here. I follow 'Quirky Cooking's' blog as her recipes are healthy (and I also have a Thermomix). Her recipes are also delicious!

I did do some craft. On Friday night, I managed to sew all the limbs onto my newest set of dolls and I have started to stitch around the girl. Getting closer to stuffing! I also visited my local craft store and bought quite a bit of tulle fabric. I spent a little time rolling it up in readiness for my newest project. I hope to do more tonight after I have finished some prep work for work tomorrow.

I hope that you had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!