Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 6 May 2012

Weekend Wonders - Yielding to craft

This weekend was pretty jam packed with assessment work and preparation work...however, I did have some time for fun.

Firstly, I managed to finish off the headband selection that I have been working on over the last couple of weeks. I made six headbands that are either pink, white, purple or a combination of these colours. I have loved working with different fabrics to create a 'shabby chic' type of flower. I have also liked choosing buttons or diamante to highlight the colours and features of the flower. These flowers were then stitched onto handmade headbands that were either white, black or pale pink. I will post this selection up on my blog tomorrow (or you could have a sneak peak at them on Tupsy Turvy Designs Facebook page here).

I also can't resist crafty inspiration when I walk into a craft shop. I had to get some more soft elastic to finish the headbands, hence the visit to the craft store over the weekend. Whilst in there, I spotted some pom-pom/snowball yarn (on sale) in gorgeous colours. There was also a shawl with beautiful, big buttons that was knitted in the same yarn, which looked simple, but gorgeous. It would add warmth and dress up a dress or shirt/pant set for evening wear, but it was also simple enough to throw over a top for casual wear. I looked at the tag (which stated the amount of yarn, stitches and needle size) and bought what was required to try my own version of a similar type of garment. So...I spent some time this weekend starting this new project. I figured out that I should have purchased longer needles, as the stitches are a little squished and it is a little hard to see how it is all working out, however, so far, I think it is working out ok.

Whatever you got up to on the weekend, I hope that it was enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!