This was a fantastic activity as it was simple enough for my little ones and it looked fabulous. This activity incorporated a number of educational aspects including:
- Balance to the eye - there were aspects of symmetry involved.
- Line - control in drawing and adding line detail to the feathers.
- Shape - drawing circles and a semi-circle.
- Colour - experimenting with water colours.
- Experimenting with a number of art media - pencil, crayon, water colour.
- Fine Motor skill practice - practice controlling a pencil.
- Fun! - it was a fun activity with effective results. It was achievable for little ones. My students had no idea they were practicing the above skills!
Have a wonderful weekend!