Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Sunday 2 September 2012

Weekend Wonders

It has been a busy but lovely weekend. Firstly, the sun has been shining here today, something that hasn't occurred for a little while. It has been rather wet and gloomy recently. So, to get outside and breathe the fresh air and feel the warmth of the sun has been great.

Last night, our Bible study group had a 'Moroccan Night'. We all researched and cooked up some Moroccan flavoured dishes. I appreciated the spiciness of the dishes and I love the flavour of cumin. We also realised that a lot of the dishes that we cooked contained dried fruits (figs, raisins, dates) and also cinnamon and/or nutmeg which added warmth. It was a lovely evening of new tastes, different foods, great company and fun!

This morning, time was spent by the sewing machine and iron, stitching up a storm! I made up Father's Day gifts for both my father and father-in-law. I wanted to create something homemade and also practical. I did a bit of a photo shoot this afternoon, so I will share a few pictures tomorrow.

Since it was a beautiful day, I had to spend some time outside in the garden. I planted a few plants and then began our mammoth task of weeding (as we haven't been able to get out in the garden lately). As a reward, I was able to pick some kale, broccoli, asparagus and carrots for meals this week.

I hope that you had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!