Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Monday 17 September 2012

Monday in the making


I had a rather busy Saturday night (I always seem to leave things to the last minute), sewing up these little bags...


  I had to hand stitch the top as the bags were too skinny to fit around my sewing machine arm (always the way ). So, in the end I made three bags for boys and four bags for girls, ready to house pencils and pens.

Why you ask? For this great project called 'Operation Christmas Child' by Samaritan's Purse. The aim is to pack a box, the size of a shoe box, with lots of little goodies: something to love, something to play with, something of personal hygiene, something for school, something special and something to wear. These boxes are distributed throughout the world and given to children whose situation prevents them from receiving a gift at Christmas. For more information, click here.

My Bible study group ended up making up seven boxes. It was great fun pooling all the little goodies that we have collected over the past few weeks/months and organising them into boxes. We had the thought that all the pencils that these children receive could get lost, unless they have a pencil case, hence my sewing spree. The haste, was due to the fact that they were due at church on Sunday.

I also spent some time on the weekend sewing and stuffing my little bear. She is beginning to look very adorable and cuddly. I ended up hand stitching her body as I found that the polar fleece slipped a bit when I tried machine sewing. I think I like the control of hand stitching (although it does take more time). I also find hand stitching very therapeutic and relaxing. My little bear is now in bodily form and now I am creating a dress for her, with the aim to have her completed by the next 'Monday in the making'.

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!